Follow Us @soratemplates

Monday, January 22

Bookish Top 5 | Books I Read Because Of The Internet

I was thinking about new things to do on this blog and thought about all the book things I always enjoy reading and watching myself. That's when I realised that I really enjoy top 5 or top 10 posts. It's easy to read, but still fun and is also very fun to write. So today I'm posting my first 'Bookish Top 5'. This edition: Books I read because of the internet. First of all: there are so many books I read because of the internet, but I chose the ones that ended up being very special to me or that stood out in some way.



#5: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
I don't talk about this book on my blog a lot, but it's a book I really enjoyed, without thinking I would. I was always kinda eh about this book, because tbh I thought the title was really stupid and I'm not really a big contemporary lover. But because literally everybody kept going on about this book on the internet, I decided to give it a go anyway. I was SO happy that I did. I was in a massive reading slump at the time and this book managed to get me out. I also related to the main character a lot which is always nice, and generally I just ended up really enjoying it.


#4: Caraval by Stephanie Garber
If you were part of any book communities on the internet the time this book came out last year, you will know how extremely hyped this was. It. Was. EVERYWHERE. I didn't know about the existence of this until it blew up so much and I was like okay it must be good I should read it. So I got the hardcover edition (bc it's pretty okay I enjoy taking pictures of books) and read it. It ended up being a very magical and different read. I enjoyed it.



#3: The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
This is a series I read because of the internet that I feel really changed me as a person (actually all of the top 3 books are). Do I even have to explain how loved this series is all over the internet? What can I say about this? I really love the whole Shadowhunter world and this series introduced me to it. It's one of the longest series I've ever read and it just holds a special place in my heart.


#2 Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
I only very recently read this poetry collection, because one of my 2018 reading resolutions was reading more poetry. I didn't really know where to start so I decided to get this book. I had been putting this off for a very long time, because it felt a bit overhyped to me (stupid since I hadn't read it I know I know). This book spoke to me in such a special way. I could relate to a lot of the poems and it made me realise that I wanted to be more forgiving and just be positive. To me that meant a lot so this collection of poetry now holds a very special place in my heart.


#1 Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
Where do I even start about how special this book is and how thankful I am. It sounds very silly, I know, but this book just means so incredibly much to me. I never used to read, but somehow I started watching booktube videos and noticed how everyone was talking about this series and the synopsis sounded very good to me. I went to the bookstore for the first time in my life and bought my paperback copy of Throne of Glass. I finished in two days, that's how much I loved it. I just wanted to keep on reading (unfortunately at the time the series was only out till Heir of Fire). I finished all the books out in like a week and realised how amazing books are. Even now, 3 years later, I still think about this series like every day and every single character hold a special place in my heart.
But that's not just it. Sarah J Maas was also the one who inspired me to start writing. I wanted to be able to put the stories I read down onto paper as well and whenever I watched interviews with her on Youtube I saw how much she loved her books and her world and I wanted that as well. This series and author means so much to me and if I ever get to meet Sarah in real life I honestly just want to thank her for everything she has done for me.

Let me know in the comments which books you read because of the internet and what your thoughts on them were!

~ Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment