Follow Us @soratemplates

Saturday, October 3

Unpopular Opinions Book Tag


First tag on this blog! I always love to watch Tag video's on YouTube or read them on other people their blogs, so I though, why not do one too? And I would like to say: these are my personal opinions and I do not mean to offend anyone with them. If we have the same or a completely different opinion, let me know in the comments!

1. A popular book or series you did not like.

I am gonna go with I Was Here by Gayle Forman. I was so excited to read this book and I was really curious about the story. From the first moment I started reading I could already guess what was going to happen later on in the book and most of the times I was right. No big surprises for me. I also thought the (very cliche) romance was poorly added to the story, from the first moment I knew who the main character was going to end up with and to me it could have been left out entirely.

2. A popular book or series that everyone seemed to hate that you love.

I am not entirely sure which book to pick for this one, because most of the times I agree with most people about a book, but I am gonna go with Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. This book has actually gotten very mixed reviews: either people loved or hated it. Yes, I did feel like it were several fantasy stories (Game Of Thrones, Throne Of Glass, Red Rising ect), but it didn't really matter to me, because I was really intrigued by the world and the story and LOVED the plot twist, I really wasn't expecting that.


3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR an OTP that you didn't like.

SHATTER ME SPOILERS AHEAD!
So I am going to pick Adam and Juliette for an OTP I did not like. I am always into the bad guys in a book, so I shipped her with Warner from the second he appeared. I didn't like Adam's character either, I just thought he was annoying. I was glad to see their ship go down in Unravel Me.

4. A popular book genre you hardly reach for.

Contemporary, without a doubt. I am a major fantasy lover, so when I read a contemporary book, most of the times I get bored, because in my opinion nothing exciting ever happens (like a battle or something). Whenever I am reading a contemporary novel I think: I could be reading an exciting fantasy novel right now, so I just stopped reaching for that genre.

5. A popular or beloved character you did not like.

Clary Fray from The Mortal Instruments. I am currently rereading City Of Bones and haven't read the rest of the series yet, so I don't know if her character gets better, but I think she is annoying and makes really bad decisions. If Jace tells her not to do something, she does it and get in trouble and every time something like this happens I'm like: really Clary? 

6. A popular author you can't seem to get into.

I'm gonna go with John Green for this one. Like I explained at question 4, I hardly read contemporary books, because I often just don't like them. I read The Fault In Our Stars last spring and I didn't think there was anything special about the story or the writing style and I honestly think the book is very over hyped. 

7. A popular book trope you are tired of seeing (lost princess, corrupt ruler, love triangles ect.)

I am gonna go with love triangles for this one, but I have to be honest: I love a good love triangle. The reason why I picked this as my trope, though, is because love triangles are so unlikely. How many people in real life have two (always super hot) guys in love with them? I RARELY happens. And what I hate most is when the main character first dates one of them and then walks over to the other without anyone finding that weird (speaking about The Vampire Diaries here). When does that EVER happen in real life?


8. A popular series you have no interest in reading.

I'm going to pick The Selection series by Kiera Cass for this one. I see so many people reading these books and I am genuinely not interested in the story. I don't know why, I just really don't need to read these books. 

9. The saying goes ''the book is always better than the movie'', but what movie or TV show adaptation do you prefer over the book.

I feel like people are going to hate me for this and don't get me wrong: the books are AMAZING too, but I am gonna go with Lord Of The Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien...
So let me explain: I read the first book called 'The Fellowship Of The Ring' last summer on vacation and I thoroughly enjoyed it but it was so slow (and mostly the part when the hobbits travel to Rivendell). There story goes on a lot faster in the movie, which I liked a lot. At some points in the book I had to push myself to continue reading. 
There are some things from the book that I would have liked to see in the movie, though. I really liked the Elf Glorfindel for example and he wasn't even in the movie. Same goes for Tom Bombadil. I also don't like that they gave Arwen such a big part in the movie, I don't know why but I don't really like her character...


Again: these are my opinions and I do NOT mean to offend anyone.


~ Amber

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with you! Haha. I love Red Queen and there was always something about Warner from the beginning. I love bad boys in fantasy books. Lol

    ReplyDelete