Follow Us @soratemplates

Wednesday, April 20

Bookmark Collection

As bookworms we all have a huge collection of bookmarks. Today I wanted to show you the ones I have collected throughout the past two years. I do have to be honest: these aren't all of them, but they are the ones I use most often.

Question Of The Day:
What is the weirdest thing you've ever used as a bookmark?






This is the jar I keep all my bookmarks in. It has the quote ''Happy is what happens when all your dreams come true.'' I got this at some Dutch ''look we sell everything you can possibly think of'' store and I really love it. I have another one, which is my TBR jar, but I never use it hahaha.






Book Depository Bookmarks
We all know bookdepository,com sends you a free bookmark with every order you place and they are THE CUTEST. Most of my bookmarks are from Book Depository and I am obsessed with them, that's why it makes me so sad when I recieve a new order and it's a bookmark I already have.
My favorite ones are the three in the second picture, I think they are so beautiful. You can't see it in the photo, but they all look so used, which I actually like. It looks like they went on many amazing journeys through the best books with me.






Mexican Bookmarks
My mom went on a one month holiday to Mexico with her friend, and they got me these beautiful bookmarks from a local market in Chiapas. They are all handmade and I love all of them so much. The blue one was made by a 90 year old lady, who has been making these little bookmarks for the longest time. 
The right one tells a story of some ritual or an important tradition of the place, I don't remember exactly, but I really like it.
The one with the cat is actually made of bark, which I think is so special. A young girl painted the cat and flowers herself, which I think is amazing.






Waterstones Bookmark
I got this amazing bookmark at Waterstones, the English bookstore here in Amsterdam. It has the quote ''The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page'' on it. I always loved this quote, because it really speaks to me. When I found this bookmark with the quote on it I HAD to buy it. It wasn't even expensive, only like €3. Waterstones has so many amazing bookmarks. I really have to try not to buy new ones every time I go there.






Self Made Bookmark
I made this bookmark when I was 8 years old. It was something we were doing in school: we had to  embroid the fabric with our name and some things of our own choice. As you can see on the right fish, I never actually finished it, because there wasn't enough time left. I was like ''Ahhh yeah I'll finish that at home''. 10 years later, the piece of thread to finish the fish with is still hanging from the back, which only makes me like it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment