Follow Us @soratemplates

Tuesday, May 31

Monthly Reading Recap | May 2016

 
I can't believe another month has already passed, it's crazy. I really like doing these recap blogposts and I remember thinking 'Ahw I have to wait a whole month to write another month of these', but it literally feels like only a week has passed.




This month went A LOT different than what I was first expecting. I was planning on reading four books: Outlander, A Court Of Mist And Fury, Me Before You and The Burning Sky. What I didn't know, was that my life WOULD BE COMPLETELY RUINED BY A COURT OF MIST AND FURY AND THAT I COULD NOT DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN READ THIS AND CRY AND THINK ABOUT IT.

Yes, the moment I got A Court Of Mist And Fury in the mail, I stopped reading Outlander around page 480 or something and started reading, probably not a good idea because now I am really not in the mood to finish Outlander. I finished ACOMAF the first time FAR too quick, in only 3 days. I just lay on my bed starring at the ceiling because what was I going to do with my life now. I would never read another book that was as good as this one. The solution: JUST READ IT AGAIN YAY.
And so I read the amazing epicness that is ACOMAF for a second time in a row. Never have I done this with a book before. I have reread books, like all the Throne Of Glass books, but never have I ever closed the book because I finished it, turned it around and just started reading again. It was even better the second time. FULL REVIEW HERE
I tried to continue Outlander, because I only have a little over 100 pages left, but I just can't do it at the moment. It's quite a slow book and I just need something quick and fun, so I chose to read Me Before You, which I am currently reading. I'm on page 250 and I'm really liking this. I'm not sure if it will get me over my ACOMAF reading slump, because I really want to reread it again.






What will I read in June? Honestly I have no idea. I'll probably end up reading A Court Of Mist And Fury for a third time bc I just can't leave this world yet. I need more of Feyre and Rhys. I never experienced anything like this while reading a book before. I just can't think about anything else.



 I really want to read The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas, which I was already planning on reading this month. I know I'll love this book so I hope I'll get to it this month. If I like this, I'll probably end up buying the other two books in the trilogy as well and read those.

I also want read The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare. I love Magnus and if Me Before You and The Burning Sky won't get me over my ACOMAF slump, this one surely will.






I promised myself (and my friend and my mom) not to buy any more books till my birthday on the 21st of June....but then I found myself in a bookstore and I may have gotten one new book............



 Yeah, I bought The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. I already own the first book in this series called The Name Of The Wind and I am planning to read that one this summer when I have the time for a nice long fantasy read (because these books are enormous) and I just wanted the second book too...I have book buying problems okay. I don't want to call myself a book hoarder, but I have my issues.






I finally finished my Jamie Fraser drawing, which took me waaaay too long to finish. I just want to get all the details and such correct, so my drawing take so long to finish. But this is the end result, what do you think? :)



Book Depository is now sending you colouring bookmarks with every order, which is awesome. I love adult colouring books, so I took the first chance I had to colour mine. I'm actually considering buying the colouring book this was based off, because this art is amazing.






First great this is that I reached the 9000 followers on my Tumblr b00kishfantasy . That's just crazy. Right now I just went over the 9500 and I just can't, where do all these people come from. Every time I look at my follower count I just can't help but be surprised.

These are some of my most reblogged and liked posts of this month.
http://b00kishfantasy.tumblr.com/post/144292901325/i-did-the-rainbow-shelf-thing-hated-it-and

http://b00kishfantasy.tumblr.com/post/144357816885/look-i-redid-my-bookshelf-again

http://b00kishfantasy.tumblr.com/post/143731640185/when-youre-in-the-bookstore-buying-way-too-many

http://b00kishfantasy.tumblr.com/post/144090376405/currently-reading-this-is-probably-my-favorite

1 comment:

  1. AHHHH YOU ARE AN AMAZING ARTIST OMG!! And I love your coloured dragon bookmark. ;D I have one of those but I didn't colour it because I didn't want to accidentally ruin it. haha.a I know. I'm terrible.
    Omg I really want to read Name of the Wind!
    And I'm glad you loved ACOMAF. ;D I felt that way when I finished the Raven King...I just wanted to re-read it 93839 times and not read anything else. xD HANGOVER TIME!!

    ReplyDelete