Follow Us @soratemplates

Friday, July 1

Monthly Reading Recap | June 2016

This month has probably been the most non productive month I've ever had when it comes to reading. I'm still in a massive reading slump because of A Court Of Mist And Fury, but I THINK I have found the perfect series to beat it! I also purchased quite some new books AND I have very exciting news about our book The Nameless so let's get right into it!

Also something I want to say that is completely non-book related, but still really great: I started watching Attack On Titan two weeks ago. If you don't know, it's an anime series about a world where humanity lives in cities surrounded by enormous walls that serve as a defense against the Titans: Gigantic human like creatures that eat real humans without reason.
It's such an epic show and I was hooked after the first episode. I watch on kissanime.to and I would highly recommend watching the Sub version instead of the Dub one, it's so much more fun in Japanese, the English dubbed voices sound so weird.



So I was planning to read 2, maybe 3 books this month. I wanted to read The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas, The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare and maybe reread A Court Of Mist And Fury again...
I managed NOT to read ACOMAF again yet, which, for me, was quite the achievement, because I'm dying to read it again...
First I finished Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. It was a good book and I enjoyed it, even though I didn't cry. I went to see the movie last night and I cried the entire last 20 minutes. Somehow the movie was so much more sad than the book. And in the final scene when Lou gets up from the chair and she's wearing the bumblebee tights I just let out a loud sob and it was embarrassing. My entire tissue was covered in foundation, mascara and eyeliner.
I've also read The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas, like I wanted to. It was a great, funny and fast paced book. I ended up rating it a 4 stars. I may write a review, but right now I don't really know what I want to talk about yet...(Yes I'm a horrible blogger I know)







I actually have a really good idea of what I want to read in July. Usually I suck at deciding what I'm going to read next, but I know now!
I'm going to read the complete Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling! I've never read the Harry Potter books before *gasp*, BUT I'M FINALLY GOING TO!
I'm currently reading the first book and I'm loving it! I knew I would, the reason why I waited for so incredibly long to read it is because of the enormous hype around these books.

Btw, I got myself sorted into a Hogwarts house and everybody has always been telling me I'm a Slytherin, but I got sorted into Ravenclaw, so that was a major identity crisis hahaha.

I'm also planning on reading Kings or Pawns by J.J. Sherwood. The lovely author of this asked my to read her book and write a review, and of course I couldn't say know, especially because the book sounds AMAZING. You should definitely check it out on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25155747-kings-or-pawns








I told myself I wasn't going to get any new books this month, since I already have a gigantic TBR pile, but I ended up getting 9 new books.........Yeah.
First I got the two other books in the Burning Sky trilogy, The Perilous Sea and The Immortal Heights. I got the first book a while back and wanted my trilogy to be complete, so I got the other ones as well. I also highly recommend these books, they are really great, more people should read them!
Next I got the entire Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. My birthday was this month and I had €20 in gift cards to spend on books, so I decided to get all of them. I ended up paying only €40, so for 7 books I think that's quite a good deal.








Shania and I actually managed to finish our first novel 'The Nameless'. Writing this has been such an amazing journey. When we started last year I never expected that we would end up finishing this novel or that I would fall in love with the story so desperately.
Right now it's 134.311 words, but we still have to do some editing, so obviously that will change. We're currently contacting literary agents who might be interested in offering our book to publishers, so we'll keep you updated on how that's going.
If you're interested in reading the book: it's almost entirely up on Wattpad. You can either click here or the cover in the sidebar to go to the link. Make sure to comment your thoughts, we're curious to see what other people think about our book!









I accidentally forgot my laptop charger at school last weekend, so only had 3 hours of battery from Friday 3 PM till Monday 8 AM (it was horrible). That's why I decided to start working on a Daenerys Targaryen drawing. I've always wanted to draw her, but never actually did.
So this is how it turned out, what do you think? Let me know in the comments! :)






This month was another great month on my Tumblr. I actually reached the 10.000 followers, which is absolutely crazy. I put a lot of time and effort into my pictures, so it really means a lot to see people reblog them :)
These are some of my most popular posts from this month:




http://b00kishfantasy.tumblr.com/post/145743532340/planning-to-continue-this-absolutely-fantastic

http://b00kishfantasy.tumblr.com/post/145799398160/when-youre-reading-a-fantasy-novel-and-there-is

http://b00kishfantasy.tumblr.com/post/145806770090/sooooo-this-is-my-tbr-pile

http://b00kishfantasy.tumblr.com/post/146555932825/book-haul-ive-never-read-harry-potter-and

http://b00kishfantasy.tumblr.com/post/145713831095/underrated-book-alert-so-im-currently-reading-the

http://b00kishfantasy.tumblr.com/post/146556913505/im-reading-harry-potter-for-the-first-time-guys

No comments:

Post a Comment