Follow Us @soratemplates

Saturday, August 20

Rapid Fire Book Tag

 Today I'm back with another Tag. I saw JesseTheReader do this on his YouTube channel and it sounded like a lot of fun, so let's just get right into it :)

Question Of The Day:
Books that make you laugh or cry?


 
Ebook or Physical Book?
Physical books, without a doubt.

Paperback or Hardback?
I prefer hardback. I think it's looks better, I like that I don't actually have to hold the book, I love the surprise that is seeing what's under the dustjacket.


Online or In-Store Book Shopping?
Online, even though I love going to the bookstore. I recently made a Tumblr post about this too, I just think bookstores are so expensive. Paperbacks are usually between the €14 and €16, while online I can get them for like €10 and hardbacks are always around the €25 in the bookstore, which is just crazy.

Trilogies or Series
Series, most definitely. I never want books to end, which is why I don't like reading stand alones either. I just want the story to go on and on and on and on.
Heroes or Villains?
No matter how much I love a good hero story, I always fall for the bad guys, I have no idea why, I just do. It's villains for me.

A Book You Want Everyone To Read
I just read Between Shades Of Gray by Ruta Sepetys and it was such a beautiful book. I think everybody should read it, if only to get a better view on the genocide of the Baltic people. But beside this it's also written in such a beautiful way and just go read it already.


Recommend an Underrated Book
The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas. I never see people talk about it on Booklr and Booktube, but it's so funny and the story is really well put together. If you like fantasy, you should definitely read it.

The Last Book You Finished
Between Shades Of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. My full spoiler free review is up here on the blog.


The Last Book You Bought
Yesterday I ordered Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon and All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. Getting them in next week.


The Weirdest Thing You've Used As A Bookmark
I have a gigantic collection of bookmarks, so I never actually use anything else.


Used Books: Yes or No?
No. I want my books to be brand new.


Top Three Favorite Genres
1. Fantasy
2. Historical Fiction
3. Sci-Fi

Borrow or Buy?
Buy, definitely. I want to actually own a copy of the book I'm reading. I never borrow other people my books either because I'm really protective over them and I can never forget someone if they ruin my book. And I don't want to risk ruining someone elses book either, so I just don't borrow.


Characters or Plot?
Hmm this is a really hard one. I want to go with plot, because a good plot is everything, but I won't enjoy the plot if there's a cast of annoying and unlikable characters...


Long or Short Books?
THE LONGER THE BETTER 


Long or Short Chapters
Even though I prefer long books, I prefer short chapters. That way it feels like I'm getting through the book faster than might really be. I also always wanna stop at a new chapter and if it's late at night and I'm tired and the chapter is like 40 pages I just can't.


Name The First Three Books You Think Off
Empire Of Storms by Sarah J Maas
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Between Shades Of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
Wow can you tell which books are always on my mind hahaha?


Books That Make You Laugh Or Cry?
Cry. I'm probably the only person who is going to answer that, but I'm not a very emotional person, so I love when a book hits me right in the feels and makes me cry. No matter if it's from happiness or sadness.


Our World or Fictional Worlds
Fictional worlds before our world any day.


Audiobooks: Yes or No?
I've never actually listened to an audiobook before, but I would probably have a very hard time paying attention to the story, so I'm gonna say no.


Do You Judge Books By Their Covers?
Oh yes, all the time and I feel horrible and great about it at the same time. I mean beautiful covers are everything


Book to Movie or Book to TV Adaptations?
I'm gonna go for book to TV adaptations, because both of my fav TV shows (Game Of Thrones and Outlander) are fantastic adaptations. I also feel like there is more time for the story in a TV show, because in a movie you only have like 2 hours and in a TV show you have several 40 minute episodes.


A Movie or TV Show You Prefered To Its Book
 It's really bad I'm gonna say this, but I actually enjoyed the Lord Of The Rings movie more than the book (I've only read the first one).


Series or Stand Alones
Didn't I already answer this question? Series.




So that was the ''Rapid Fire Book Tag''. Don't forget to comment your answer to the question of the day and your overall thoughts, I love reading them.

~ Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment