Follow Us @soratemplates

Thursday, September 1

Monthly Reading Recap | August 2016

I can't believe August is already over, there is only 4 months left in 2016, can you believe that? But of course the end of another month means another reading recap! I didn't do one in July because it was a terrible reading month and I only read 2 books, but August was amazing  and I've read and bought so many amazing books, so let's get right into the blogpost. Don't forget to answer the QOTD in the comments! :)

Also, I'm gonna stop telling you my TBR for the next month, because I'm terrible at deciding what I'm gonna read next, so you'll just have to see in my wrap up for next month ;)

Question Of The Day:
Which books did you read this month?






I can't help but get excited when I think about this month because I have read the most amazing books.
I started off the month with Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (jezus christ that's a mouth full). I always say that I never really read contemporary novels, but when I do read one, I always seem to adore it. I LOVED THIS BOOK. Seriously. I could relate to the characters so much and it made me cry of happiness and was beautiful, just beautiful. My full review is also up here on the blog (links don't seem to work in blogposts and I don't know why so you're gonna have to find it yourself, sorry).  
4.5 STARS

After that, I realised that I still had about 150 to read in Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, which I stopped reading when A Court Of Mist And Fury released and fell into a terrible reading slump. It felt like the perfect moment to finish it and it was, I immediately ordered the second book.
4.5 STARS

After reading Outlander, I was in a massive Historical Fiction mood, so I read Between Shades Of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. This is probably one of my favorite books of this year. It was beautifully written and I learned so much about the genocie of the Baltic people from it. I highly, HIGHLY recommend this novel, really, you'll love it. My full review is also up on the blog!  
5 STARS

Next I read another Ruta Sepetys book, Salt To The Sea. It follows the niece of the main character in Between Shades Of Gray, and it was so nice to follow her story as well. I enjoyed it a lot, even though I thought it wasn't as good as Between Shades Of Gray.
4 STARS

Right now I am reading Tahereh Mafi's new book, Furthermore. I got a copy from my local bookstore before it even released (lucky me). I wanted to finish this before the new month started, but I had a pretty busy week so I'm only halfway through. So far I really like it, though I do have some problems with the world and magic system. My review will be up later.


 





Dear God, I got so many books this month. I didn't even realise that until I counted all of them for this blogpost. I really need to stop. I got a lot of historical fiction novels, because like I said, I'm in the mood for those. I'm hoping they'll get me through my Empire Of Storms slump.
I went to the bookstore at the beginning of the month and got The Novice by Taran Mathary and Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe *gasp for air*.

Next I ordered 3 books online: Between Shades Of Gray and Salt To The Sea by Ruta Sepetys and Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein.

I was in Amsterdam and decided to finally get a copy of The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater. I don't know when I'll read this but I just wanted my series to be complete.
I found myself online again and ordered Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon and All The Lights We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr.

Last week I had my payday and went to the bookstore again...............I got 3 books: Eleanor And Park by Rainbow Rowell,  Uprooted by Naomi Novik and Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi.
11 books....yeah. Do you see why I need to stop? Let's not talk about the fact that I have like 45 books on my TBR now........




 






So what happened on my Social Media lately? Instagram has this new stories thing, as most of you probably know already and I post a lot of bookish stuff into the story of my personal instagram: oh.metaphor :) I also have a snapchat where I talk about books with a lot of people so if you're interested you can add me on there as well: xamberstyles


 

Also, my book tumblr b00kishfantasy hit the 11.000 followers, which is crazy, absolutely crazy. I still can't believe where all those people come from. So talking about my tumblr, here are some of my most popular posts of this month:


http://b00kishfantasy.tumblr.com/post/149750110440/b00kishfantasy-a-rainbow-of-books

http://b00kishfantasy.tumblr.com/post/149593253940/morning-reads

http://b00kishfantasy.tumblr.com/post/148790625845/what-she-says-im-fine-what-she-thinks-i-need

http://b00kishfantasy.tumblr.com/post/149512986620/i-just-got-this-beautiful-book-at-the-bookstore

http://b00kishfantasy.tumblr.com/post/149376937210/a-book-is-a-dream-that-you-hold-in-your-hand

http://b00kishfantasy.tumblr.com/post/149134780180/b00kishfantasy-currently-reading

http://b00kishfantasy.tumblr.com/post/149167264295/i-dont-think-im-allowed-to-read

http://b00kishfantasy.tumblr.com/post/148933566525/b00kishfantasy-beautiful-books-beautiful

http://b00kishfantasy.tumblr.com/post/148495543770/b00kishfantasy-aristotle-and-dante

So that was my monthly reading recap for august, don't forget to share your comments, we love to read them!
 ~ Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment