Follow Us @soratemplates

Wednesday, March 1

Montly Reading Recap | February

Since I am the worst person in the world and had completely forgotten February would have 28 days this year, it's suddenly March 1st and time for my Monthly Reading Recap! February was an awesome reading month for me, so let's jump right into the post.

 
Carve The Mark
First of all I finished Carve The Mark by Veronica Roth and I was not impressed. I was hoping that Veronica would redeem herself in this book but it was such a disappointment to me. The story had so much potential to be good, but it was way too slow. I can't even write a review because I remember literally 20% of the story.
3 stars
 
One
After the disaster that is Carve The Mark I needed something quick, so I picked up One by Sarah Crossan. I finished this book literally in a day and enjoyed it a lot. It was only a bit difficult for me to get into the writing style, since it's written in verse and I'd never read a book like that before, but the book was really good. I recommend it.
4 stars
 
Wintersong
This was definitely the best book I read this month. I also posted a review for it over at Spines and Covers if you're interested in my full thoughts. This book was incredibly. I rarely rate books 5 stars, but I couldn't rate this anything less. The story was so unique and it was written beautifully. Everybody who loves fantasy and music should read this.
5 stars

The Rest Of Us Just Live Here
I was very curious about this book, since the concept sounded really interesting to me. Since I didn't like A Monster Calls, I was a it hesitant about Patrick Ness, but I enjoyed this book a lot. The story was quick and the characters were all fun. It wasn't the best thing I've ever read, but I certainly liked the story.
4 stars

Stalking Jack The Ripper
This book wasn't on my TBR for February, but I am so glad I decided to buy this. I love history and while my mom and I were in London, we stayed at the area where Jack the Ripper was active, so I really wanted to read this. This was yet another book I could have finished in a day, because I couldn't wait to find out who was Jack the Ripper and solve the case alongside the main character. Read my full review here.
4.5 stars

 
The first book I'm gonna read/finish in March is the book I'm reading right now and that is Caraval by Stephanie Garber. I'm about 150 pages in and this it's beautiful and magical. For me it definitely lives up to the hype. I'll post a review one I finish it.

The second book I wanna read in March is Ever The Hunted by Erin Summerill. This was already on my Most Anticipated Books Of 2016 list, but never got around to picking it up until now. I love fairytale retellings so I'm already loving it.

In March I also wanna give The Book Thief another shot. I started reading it about 2 years ago, but wasn't in the mood for historical fiction at all, which made me put it down about 250 pages in. Now I am really in the Historical Fiction mood, especially after reading Stalking Jack the Ripper, so I can't wait to see if I'll like it this time around.

Because I'm gonna read The Book Thief again and am in a massive historical fiction mood, I also want to re-read Between Shades Of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. I read this book last summer and it was one of the most beautiful books I ever read. Lately I've been craving to read it again, so I probably will in March.

I also purchased quite some books in February, though I also read a lot so I feel like it's okay (I know, I know, I'm making up excuses). 

First off I went to the bookstore at the station while I was waiting for my train to come, and I bought The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon and Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven. I've heard only great things about these books and there they were in front of me looking beautiful on a shelf, both only €10 each, so I had to get them.

Then I did some online shopping, since I still had a €25 giftcard and bought 3 beautiful hardcovers: Stalking Jack The Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco, Caraval by Stephanie Garber and Ever The Hunted by Erin Summerill. I'd been dying to read all of these and Stalking Jack the Ripper was even on sale for €12,50, so I had to buy all of them.


1 comment:

  1. Shame to hear about Carve the Mark. Divergent wasn't the greatest series for me, but everyone deserves a chance to grow as a writer. I might check it out but we'll see. Wintersong sounds great! I hope you have a great reading month in March!

    ReplyDelete