Follow Us @soratemplates

Wednesday, May 17

Great Books That I Don't Talk About Enough


I was making a list with all the books I read throughout the past years in my One Note, to keep track of my reading besides Goodreads. Here I came across some amazing books that I read that I almost never talk about. Because they were so good, I wanted to share these books with all of you.

Question of the day:
Which books do you think were great but don't talk about enough?
 


Salt To The Sea - Ruta Sepetys
I always talk about how much I loved Ruta's other novel Between Shades Of Gray, but always forget about this one. This book follows the niece of the main character in BSOG. Even though I didn't love this one as much as Between Shades Of Gray, this was still really good. I was really mad at this character about the other book, but this really made me understand her choices too. What I really liked about this book is that it follows 4 different characters who all meet each other eventually. The way this is written is also amazing. Ruta Sepetys is an amazing author and this book needs to be read.
Goodreads

The Diabolic - S. J. Kincaid
I rarely read Sci-Fi books, but this was such a refreshing read. A lot of people found this book average, but to me it had something special. I really liked the idea of a robot disguising as someone else and going into enemy territory. I also liked that she was struggling with feeling things, even though she wasn't supposed to have those. This book took some really interesting turns and was something I hadn't read before.
Review | Goodreads


The Grisha Trilogy - Leigh Bardugo
This is actually a whole trilogy that I really enjoyed that I never talk about. I loved this world and the characters. The books were fast paced, interesting and the characters were all fun. The only thing I didn't like was how this story ended. I'm not going to spoil it, but I was really angry. I think that's the main reason why I never talk about these books.
Review | Goodreads

The Art Of Being Normal - Lisa Williamson
This was the first book with a transgender protagonist I ever read and it was so eye opening. I did make a tumblr post about how I think everyone should read this, but now I never really talk about it anymore. This book was fun, quick, had interesting characters and like I said, was so eye opening.
Review | Goodreads

 
Ash - Malinda Lo
This book was also something else. It's a Cinderella retelling, but with fairies and a gay Cinderella. Sometimes you just come across those books that are completely different from anything you've ever read. This book was one of those. It's really fast paced and the story just makes you want to keep reading.
Review | Goodreads

Wintersong - S. Jae-Jones
Wintersong. Where do I ever start? This book was incredible. It had all the elements that I absolutely love. The story has music and composing, it has great love and is written so beautifully. Sometimes you come across those books that are written in such a way that it's almost a poem. This book is one of them. I can't even start to explain how much I loved this.
Review | Goodreads

 
Stalking Jack The Ripper - Kerri Maniscalco
Another book that was really good. For whatever reason I rarely pick up mystery novels. But I was interested in the whole Jack the Ripper thing, so I wanted to read it. Reading this book was almost like watching an episode of Sherlock (and I love me some Sherlock). In my head I was trying to solve the case alongside out protagonist and the plot twist in this book omg. The best thing about this: there will be more books in this series!
Review | Goodreads
 
~ Amber

1 comment:

  1. Nice Post...thank you for giving this valuable information about ....
    We provide IELTS Coaching in Gurgaon for abroad immigration.

    ReplyDelete