Follow Us @soratemplates

Tuesday, October 13

Tuesday's Top 5: Best Book Covers




Starting this week, we will be uploading a new Top 5 Friday's week. This week we chose the topic best book cover. We all love a book with a beautiful cover, don't we? Today we will be going through our top 5. Make sure to leave your favourite book covers in the comments! (click pictures for creds)


Amber's #5

For my number 5 I chose the book The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater, the third book in the Raven Cycle. I think all the covers of these books are beautiful, but I personally like this one the most, because the colours are beautiful and I love the 'drawn/painted' feel of it.










Shania's # 5

This is most definitely a difficult subject for me. I easily fall for book covers and find a lot of them extremely pretty so I have to be extra critical. So *Drumroll* for my number five I picked out: Hemlock Grove by Brian McGreevy. Now, this cover doesn't have any majestic swirls or elegant letters. It's just beautiful in it's simplicity. I have yet to read this book, but when I get my chances to buy it, I most definitely will.

Goodreads link







Amber's #4

My number 4 is the new edition of City Of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare, the final book in The Mortal Instruments. I didn't really like the first covers of this series, but this September the new covers came out and I like this one the most. I love the colour scheme, the illustration (especially the wings), I love the font. This is just a stunning cover.









Shania's #4

My number four is, a very unknown book but a very awesome one, The Sons of Macha by John Lenahan. This is the third and sadly last book in the shadowmagic trilogy. Now, I am holding myself back not to start fangirling and tell you all about this awesome book. We were talking about the cover. This calls mysterie, unless you read this book, you find out what the sign on the cover means. The display of color, pink on green, did a great trick for me. And the biggest plus ever! This fond is so gorgeous. 

Goodreads Link






Amber's #3

My third favourite book cover is Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi, the final book in the Shatter Me trilogy. I actually think all the covers of these books are absolutely stunning, but this one is definitely my favourite. I love the orange and green colours and I love how the eye on the cover becomes brighter and brighter throughout this series.









Shania's #3

This is getting harder and harder. There are so many books and I can only pick five. One word: Unfair. For my third favourite cover, I picked out a pearl. The hobbit by the almighty J. R. R Tolkien. I have been dying to have this hardcover of the hobbit since a very long time. It shall be mine I tell you! The drawing and use of colour is unusually beautiful. Unique, like me. 



Amber's #2

My second most favourite cover is The Queen Of The Tearling by Erika Johansen. I don't own this book myself yet, unlike all the other books I mentioned here, but I still really want it. I absolutely love the gold font and the ornament swirls covering the book. I also really like that they kept the illustration really small, because I think that gives the book a mysterious vibe. 

Goodreads Link

Shania's #2

Number two, oh dear are we nearing that one number that rules them all. Okay now before you start scolding me, I shall make known what my second favourite cover is: The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows. Now this woman is known for having beautiful covers. Mirror King is the sequel to The Orphan King. This one is so pastel and gorgeous and *touches faces* I can't. The reflection of light in their clothing. The beautiful morning sky in the background. I. LOVE. IT.


Amber's #1

Of course I had to choose a Sarah J Maas book for my number 1. 
I absolutely love all the covers of her books, so it was really had for me to pick a favourite one. All the covers of her books show the badass stuff that happens inside the book so well and if I had the room I would display all her books on my bookshelf (now I only have Queen Of Shadows faced forward). The reason why I picked Heir Of Fire, is because I love the colours on this book and I think this illustration of Aelin is the most badass. I've always had a massive weak spot for archery, so the fact that she is using a bow and arrow in this picture made me love it even more. I also really love the clothes she is wearing (her first wardrobe change on the book covers) and the blueish green in of her clothes go so well with the background of the book. The backdress on this book is also my favourite, which you obviously can't see in this picture, but it is very Fae/Elf like. So stunning.


Shania's #1

Whoehoe, we have arrived. Number one. Which book shall it be. Well if you are smart, you probably have seen it at the left side of this tekst. Another Jodi Meadows cover? Shoot me. I love them okay. I mean look at this one. The eyes look like they are glancing straight into your soul. Which, ironically, is what this book is about. And if you have read the books you get the butterfly 'mask'. And wow. The colours match perfectly. This cover is just my kinda cover. I see this in a bookshop, I pick it up. I would have gone for another fond, but the rest of this cover is just beyond perfection.

Goodreads Link

1 comment:

  1. Love The Hobbit cover!

    A favourite for me is 'I'll Give You The Sun' by Jandy Nelson. It's very simple but the colours are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete