Follow Us @soratemplates

Sunday, December 20

Best Books Of 2015


2015 is almost at an end, so today I am going to walk you through my 5 favourite books I read this year. Not all of these books were released this year, these are just the books I picked to read this year that I enjoyed most. I didn't describe the actual stories of the books, so you don't have to be afraid of spoilers. 

#5 Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
It took me literally forever to pick a top 5 book, but I ended up going for Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi, the final book in the Shatter Me trilogy. I loved the entire trilogy, but Ignite Me was by far my favourite, mostly because Warnette, but let's not start with how much I ship them together. Overall the story line in this book was great, although I did think the ending was very open, like Tahereh might write a fourth book after this (which I wouldn't mind at all).

#4 City Of Glass by Cassandra Clare
At the moment I am still making my way through the Mortal Instruments (currently reading City Of Lost Souls). I don't know if this book will stay my favourite, because I heard City Of Heavenly Fire is the best one, but at the moment I am writing this blogpost, this book is my favourite. 
I loved that we spent the entire book in Alicante, Idris. It was so nice to see the homeland of the Shadowhunters and all the uses there. One of my favourite characters, Sebastian, was also introduced in this book. I know everybody thinks he is the biggest asshole there is, but I always fall for the bad characters. So much happened in this book. I won't be going into spoilers, but it was amazing and I was hooked from the start till the end.

#3 A Clash Of Kings by George R R Martin
The longest (1009 pages) and one of the best books I read this year was A Clash Of Kings by George R R Martin, the second book in the Song Of Ice And Fire trilogy. I can't even begin to explain how amazing these books are. For me it was a very slow read, but it was worth every second. The world and characters George created were amazing as always and he just keeps on surprising me. Of course, I already knew what was going to happen, since I have watched all the seasons of the TV show about five times now, but so many things are left out. That's why everybody who loves reading and Game Of Thrones should definitely pick up these books, the tv show is amazing, but the books are even better and far more detailed. 
The only thing I dislike about the Song Of Ice And Fire books is that when you read a chapter by a certain character, it takes about 100 pages till you return to that character. The story line and all the events that happen make up for that so well, though. 

#2 A Court Of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J Maas
If you have been following this blog or my Tumblr for a while, the next two books won't be a surprise. I read A Court Of Thorns And Roses right when it came out in May, and as always, Sarah did not disappoint me. She always amazes me with the worlds she builds and the characters she creates. I loved the story in this book. I didn't know what to think about a fairy tale retelling, because I had never read one before, but she used the Beauty and the Beast story so beautifully and she added so many of her own personal things. This is how she, to me, kept the book original. As always, I also loved the cast of character she created and how they developed throughout the story. 



#1 Queen Of Shadows by Sarah J Maas
My number one, is obviously my most anticipated book of 2015: Queen Of Shadows by Sarah J Maas, the fourth book in the Throne Of Glass series. I have already talked about this book so many times on this blog and I am going to again.
I have heard some people say this book was boring and slow, which I didn't think was the case AT ALL. All the events I thought were going to happen throughout the three last books (including Queen Of Shadows) happened in this novel alone. Right from the start I was hooked on the story and every second I could not spend reading I was thinking about it. I even thought about skipping school so I could continue (which I kinda did...). 
SPOILERS
ROWAN AND AELIN, ROWAN AND AELIN, ROWAN AND AELIN, ROWAN AND AELIN, ROWAN AND AELIN. I can't.

~ Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment