Follow Us @soratemplates

Monday, December 19

Never Have I Ever Book Edition

 
Christine from polandbananasbooks just posted a video like this and it was so much fun. Today I've gathered some 'Never Have I Ever' questions that we are going to answer. Actually you're supposed to drink every time you have done something, but since we are very responsible adults, we're not going to do that. At the end of the blogpost, let's see who is the winner (the person that hasn't done the most things).

Question of the day:
Have you ever written fanfiction about a character?



Never have I ever... 

...started a book but didn't finish
Amber: I have. Mostly they were books that were just not right for me at that moment, like The Book Thief and Dragonfly In Amber. I was in reading slumps with both books so they weren't right for the moment. The only book I didn't finish because I just couldn't was Red Queen when I read it a second time to remember what it was about. I couldn't get further than a hundred pages.
Shania: I have... So many times. I should be ashamed of myself, but if I'm not immediately caught up in the book, I get distracted. So I tend to forget I was reading a certain book until I come back around to it and then I try to read it again. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...

...owned several copies of the same book
Amber: I HAVE HAHAHAHAHAHHA
Shania: I don't. But I'm not sure if it is a good or a bad thing...

 ...cried because of a fictional character
Amber: All the time. Sometimes books still make me cry months after I read them. *I'm looking at you Empire Of Storms*
Shania: Who doesn't? I get emotional even thinking about it. Great, now I'm crying.

...dog eared a page
Amber: NEVER
Shania: I used to but it makes me feel uncomfortable now... If I could go back in time and tell myself one thing it would be. Don't turn the corners of your pages into dog ears... Srsly, what's wrong with yo?

...written fanfiction
Amber: I haven't. I read a lot of fan fiction, but I've never actually written it. I don't know I'm just so terrified to write fanfic...
Shania: Yes, but you can't read it anywhere because after a week I ended up not finishing my story and well.... You know how that thing goes. You delete it because it was trash.

...read dirty fanfiction
Amber: Yes gehehehehe
Shania: To be honest. Who hasn't?

...skipped school to read/watch a tv show
Amber: I have. It's so bad, but secretly I don't feel bad at all. The last time I did so was when I was reading A Court Of Mist And Fury by Sarah J Maas. I only had about 200 pages left and I needed to finish the book, not knowing what was going to happen next was killing me at school, so I went home and read till I finished it...and then cried a lot.
Shania: Actually, I have never done that.. I usually read the book or watch the tv show in class. Usually I have nothing better to do anyway.


...dreamt about being in a relationship with a fictional character
Amber: I probably did...I never really remember my dreams because I'm way too tired, but I'm pretty sure I did.
Shania: It wasn't exactly a good dream but I once dreamt about some really vague I need to save the world thing, then Gandalf came and told me "You shall not pass", when I literally could walk around him.

...read a book in one sitting or one day
Amber: I haven't. There have been a few moments where I could have done so, for example when I read Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo two weeks ago, I could have finished it in a day, but I was too tired at night and didn't feel like reading the final 50 pages.
Shania: Hhahahahaha nope. I'm a very slow reader. Which I honestly don't really mind.

...bought an entire trilogy/series in one buy
Amber: I have...several times actually. I bought the entire Mortal Instruments series and Infernal Devices trilogy all at once. The Elemental trilogy, the Grisha trilogy, the Kingkiller Chronicles, the Harry Potter series...yes...I do this way too often.
Shania: Actually nope. But that's just an excuse, that way I can visit the bookstore more often hahaha!

...used something that is not a bookmark as a bookmark
Amber: I haven't. Never had to, actually. I always have a bookmark in my book and never loose them.
Shania: I've just about used anything near me (as long as it didn't stain the book) if I need to put down my book for a second. 


...bought a book because of the cover
Amber: All the time. I'm not even gonna make a list with books I bought because of the cover.
Shania: Only once, I usually really like underrated books and they have horrible covers. But with Incarnate by Jodi Meadows it definetly was because that cover is just stunning!

...liked the adaptation more than the book
Amber: I have. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. The book was good but it didn't make me cry. The movie was so sad it made me and my friends sob for 20 minutes straight.
Shania: Hmmmm....... I usually see them as two different things.



...spilled a drink over my book
Amber: NO
Shania: No but my mom once bumped my book into the bathtub. She bought me a new version of the book though.

...cracked the spine of a book
Amber: Yes and it hurts so bad. The spine of my A Game Of Thrones mass market paperback is so cracked I don't even wanna look at it.
Shania: It's a pain in my heart, I always try to prevent it. Sometimes it just doesn't work. It cracks. No matter how hard you try.... *ugly sobbing*


Let's see who is the looser of this little game
Amber's I have's: 10
Shania's I have's: 9

Shania is the winner of this game!

No comments:

Post a Comment