Follow Us @soratemplates

Tuesday, December 15

Top 5 Tuesday's: Books You Have Been Meaning To Read Forever



As every Tuesday (except for a few because we are horrible bloggers) we are back with a Top 5 Tuesday's. This week we chose for the subject ''Books or series we have been meaning to read forever'', because we have quite a lot. 

Amber's #5
The fifth series I have been dying to read forever and actually already own the first two books of, is the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. These are fairytale retellings, but with a very special twist. A deadly plague threathens the world and the lunar people watch from space, waiting to make their move. Cinder, the main character in this book is a cyborg. She's a lower citizen with a mysterious past, but as she meets the charming Prince Kai, she finds herself in an intergalactic struggle.
I have never read a sci-fi book before and usually don't really like movies or books in this genre, but this concept sounds so interesting and I love fairy tale retellings, so I really have to read this.



Shania's #5
Okay, I got this book for Christmas last year, so that literally means I got it a year ago, The Mortal Instrument: City of Bones. And I just never came down to it. Then Amber started the series not so long ago and I realized that I have been waiting way to long. I made it into the first quarter of the book but put it down for some reason...

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder― much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing―not even a smear of blood―to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?



Amber's #4
The fourth series I have been meaning to read literally forever, is the Falling Kingdoms series by Morgan Rhodes. In the three kingdoms of Mytica, magic has been gone for a very long time and peace has reigned ever since, but a deadly threat is coming. As the three Kings try to grapple power, the lives of their subjects are brutally transformed. 
I have heard that this series is basically the young adult version of Game Of Thrones, and that is my favourite show, so I really want to read this series, especially with the fourth book, Frozen Tides, releasing today.



Shania's #4
One of Amber's recommendations, Throne Of Glass. And I seriously love the book. I have read the first one like halfway through, but I just have a thing for replacing books with other books. So, I seriously need to sit my ass down and read through this book, so I can both make Amber a really happy fangirl and treat myself with some good fantasy.

After serving out a year of hard labor in the salt mines of Endovier for her crimes, 18-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien is dragged before the Crown Prince. Prince Dorian offers her her freedom on one condition: she must act as his champion in a competition to find a new royal assassin.



Amber's #3
The third series I really need to read are the Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. I actually started reading this book and got to page 50 or something, but I was in a massive reading slump at the time and this wasn't the good book to read, since it's pretty long and complicated. 
In the first book, The Name Of The Wind, we look back at the tale of Kvothe, told by himself after it all happened. Kvothe is a young man gifted with magic, who grows to be the most dangerous and notorious wizard of the whole world.The intimate narrative of his childhood in a troupe of traveling players, his years spent as a near-feral orphan in a crime-ridden city, his daringly brazen yet successful bid to enter a legendary school of magic, and his life as a fugitive after the murder of a king form a gripping coming-of-age story unrivaled in recent literature.



Shania's #3
Odd Thomas, okay don't judge me but I fell in love with the movie and wanted to read the books ever since. I know that Odd Thomas comes with many. I don't know how many so far. I don't even know if there are still books coming out. But there is one thing I know for sure, I WANT TO READ THESE BOOKS SO BADLY.

"The dead don't talk. I don't know why." But they do try to communicate, with a short-order cook in a small desert town serving as their reluctant confidant. Odd Thomas thinks of himself as an ordinary guy, if possessed of a certain measure of talent at the Pico Mundo Grill and rapturously in love with the most beautiful girl in the world, Stormy Llewellyn.



Amber's #2
The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon is yet another series I really need to read...I recently started watching the show and I love it so much, so of course, I have to read the books as well. Although I already wanted to read the books before I started watching the show. 
In Outlander, we follow main protagonist Claire Randall as she accidentally travels back in time from 1945 to 1743. She is thrown in the middle of the Scottish rebellion against the English. Here she faces many treats, such as her husbands ancestor who turns out to be a sadistic bastard, but also meets charming new people, Jamie Fraser for example. She desperately tries to get back to her own time, but when she finally has the chance, does she still want to?



Shania's #2
The Lorien Legacies is yet another series I have badly set my mind upon. Too bad for me, cuz I'm too broke to buy the books. It's also not as popular is books like Divergent and The Hunger Games which I am really fond of. I prefer the lesser known books. But when I say, I Am Number Four, everyone probably knows what I am talking about. Anyway, Six is a babe, just saying.

Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books--but we are real.



Amber's #1
Okay so here comes the shame: I have never read the Harry Potter books. Yes, I haven't. I want to though, please don't hate on me! There were just a lot of books I wanted to read a lot more...But I will say this: in 2016, I WILL read Harry Potter, I will!



Shania's #1
I HAVE BEEN DYING TO READ THE LORD OF THE RINGS. NUF SAID!

No comments:

Post a Comment