Follow Us @soratemplates

Wednesday, February 24

Top 5 Tuesday's | Books You Have No Interest In Reading


Everybody has books they are just not interested in reading, no matter how many people tell you you should read them. Today we will share 5 of those books/series with you. Now, of course, if you like these books, we are not trying to offend you, these are just our personal opinions.


Ambers #5
The first book series I have no interest in reading is The Selection Series. I see so many people on tumblr reading these books and I heard it's like the bachelor but like the book version. After that I read the summary of the first book and it really doesn't sound like something I would enjoy...(and I hate the covers)

Shania's #5
The Hunger Games. Hahaha, yes go ahead murder me for being a bad kid. Spank me. No wait don't do that. That's weird. No but seriously. I have no interest in reading these books because they seem so overly hyped to me. There is like literally no person who has not heard about it. It just kind of ruins the whole thing for me. AND NO I AM NOT A HIPSTER.

Ambers #4
I also have no interest in reading the Vampire Academy and the Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead. I've been getting so many messages on Tumblr with people telling me these books are great and that I should read them, but honestly the entire 'vampire' thing is not making me excited to read it.

Shania's #4
The Fault In Our Stars. I don't know why, but I just don't really like lovey dovey stories. And even though I am a fan of non-happy-endings, this story just doesn't suit my line of books I'd like to read. Sorry John Green'O. No offence, he seems like a cool guy.

Ambers #3
Every novel John Green writes. (I feel like I'm offending so many people right now, just wait till you get to my number 1). I read The Fault In Our Stars, expecting to read the greatest book ever written, as so many people see it. I thought there was nothing special about the way John Green writes, I didn't really see anything special about the characters (besides the cancer of course) and I generally just don't like reading contemporary books. This is why I won't pick up any of his other books, no matter how many people tell me I should read them because TFIOS isn't his best book.

Shania's #3
The Perks Of Being a Wallflower. Another contemporary book. What a surprise. I haven't even watched the movie yet, and I watch anything that involves around Emma Watson. This just doesn't seem like my kind of book. I just really prefer more fantasy settings. And I especially hate typical high school settings, especially especially if no supernatural or fantasy is involved.

Ambers #2
The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. Yes, another really famous series I have no interest in reading. I have seen like 2 movies and I enjoyed them (although everybody says the movies are so bad), but I don't feel like reading the books at all. The first thing that bothers me is the fact that Percy is (I believe) 12 years old when the story starts. I just can't relate to people who are having the greatest adventures at that age, I'm sorry, it just feels so unrealistic to me. When I was 12 years old I played at playgrounds and was obsessed with Nickelodeon...I wasn't killing god knows what, as Percy does in the books.
I do have to say that I read Magus Chase and the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan and I thought it was hilarious. I still don't want to read Percy Jackson, though.

Shania's #2
The Selection. I don't know what it is with these books. Everyone seems to love 'em dearly. But it just seems to Bachelor like for me. But then like, written down. Also the girl her name is America Singer and in my head that just doesn't work, I'll be reading that as American Singer. Sorry that's just what my brain tends to do.

Ambers #1
Here we go: the post I am going to offend most people with: I have no interest in reading Harry Potter. It has been soooo incredibly hyped and therefor I just feel like not reading it anymore. I think I should have read it when I was younger, because I don't think I would enjoy it as much now...There are other popular series that I have read and loved, like the Song Of Ice and Fire, the Throne Of Glass series and the Mortal Instruments, but with Harry Potter it's different. EVERYBODY knows Harry Potter. Literally, walk up to any random person on the street and ask 'Hey, do you know what Harry Potter is?' They will know. This is just kind of keeping me from reading these books...

Shania's #1 
My number one: Twilight. But everyone can pretty much guess why?


~It's a wrap~ Or well for now. What is your Top 5 on this Tuesday's topic? Make sure to leave us a comment so we can discuss! ^^

*How surprising, a top 5 Tuesday's that is not on a Tuesday. Slow clap.

No comments:

Post a Comment