Follow Us @soratemplates

Tuesday, December 13

Reader Problems Book Tag

 
It has been a while since we uploaded a Tag, but they're quick to write and fun to read, so why don't we just jump right into the questions??

Question Of The Day:
How do you decide what to read next?



1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
A gigantic TBR is something I struggle with every day, so this questions is nothing new to me. I have 2 ways of deciding what to read next:
Method 1: If there is a book that I really want to read at that moment, obviously I'm going to pick that one.
Method 2, The TBR Jar: A long time ago I saw some booktubers make a TBR jar and just pull random books from it. I decided to make one for myself as well. It's actually a pretty fun way to pick new books to read, because you'll read books that you didn't actually think about in the first place!

2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
It depends on the situation. There are a few books that I stopped reading because I just wasn't in the mood to read them, like The Book Thief, but I didn't stop because I didn't like it. I've never actually read a book that I disliked so much that I just didn't want to continue reading, but obviously, if I absolutely hate the book I'm reading I won't continue.


3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I never had this problem, because I honestly don't really use the Reading Challenge as a 'challenge', but more as a way too keep track of all the books I've read. That's why I always set a low goal for myself. Though, if I halfway through the year notice that I am gonna beat my goal by like 10 books I'll set a higher one.


4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I don't. I cry in a corner for the rest of eternity.


5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
I'm sure there will be someone on the internet that didn't like it either, so we can hate on the book together. And if there isn't someone, I will just try to talk about the book with my friend that did like it and explain why I didn't enjoy the book. Perhaps it'll lead to a very good discussion.



6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
Try to keep it in, I don't want people seeing me show so much emotion :')


7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
If I really loved the first book I will reread it, but otherwise I'll just read the synopsis again and maybe some reviews.



8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I don't politely refuse, I'll tell them that I don't borrow people books, because if I do and they ruin it, I'll not-so-politely murder them.


9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
Just stop reading for a while *omg gasp how can you do that???!!!* It's very simple: when you're in a reading slump, you don't feel like reading, so why would you? Just do something else. Eventually you'll find yourself wanting to read again.


10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
ALL OF THEM MWUHAHAHAHHAA

11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them? 
I like to say that I immediately read them, but we all know that's not true. There are books that on my shelf that I've been dying to read since January 2016 and I still haven't picked them up.  

~ Amber 

2 comments:

  1. oh I LOVE THIS! And I relate to #11 so much hahah.😜 I have books I'm "so desperate and dying to read I can't wait another second" on my shelf and have I read them?!? NO. WHAT IS THIS LIFE. And I think that's one of the best parts of the internet how you can always find someone who has the same opinion on a book as you! ALWAYS SOMEONE TO BOND WITH. :')

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tag was so fun to read! I think it's fair to say that a lot of people within the reading community can relate to these problems! I completely relate to your answer for number 4. This post actually inspired me to answer this book tag myself on my blog, so thank you for posting it and sharing!

    ReplyDelete