Follow Us @soratemplates

Wednesday, January 27

25 Bookish Facts About Me | Amber


This tag has been going around booktube and other book blogs for a while now and today I wanted to do it too. So here they are: 25 bookish facts about me.

1. I really tend to stick to the genre I love most, which in my case, is Fantasy. The type of fantasy doesn't matter to me, as long as it's that genre. Sometimes I'll pick up a dystopian or a sci-fi book, but fantasy feels the most save to me, because the chance I will love the book is really big.

2. I try to only buy books I know I will love. I have been doing this ever since I started reading. Books are expenisve and I don't feel like spending money on a book where I am not sure if I will love it or not. Yes of course there are books I purchased that I ended up liking a lot less than I thought I would, but like 95% of the books I own are books that I found amazing.

3. I never read before bed. Most people read before they go to bed. I just can't do it. When I go to bed in the evening, I am usually so exhausted from a day at college or work that I can't focus on a book anymore. I always read throughout the day.

4. I love rereading books. At the moment I'm rereading A Court Of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J Maas and a few week ago I reread Queen Of Shadows and I just love rereading books. Sometimes I sit on my bed and reread my favorite parts in books and then I just feel like rereading the whole book again, which I often end up doing. I even have a shelf on Goodreads for all the books I read multiple times.

5. I never read Harry Potter. I know, I know. *Insert Game Of Thrones lady shouting shame at me*. I didn't start reading a lot of books till about one and a half years ago and before that I literally never read. I didn't read the books when I was younger and honestly I don't really feel like reading them at this moment in my life either. There are so many other books that are above the Harry Potter ones on my TBR (even though I know I'll probably like them).

6. My all time fav author is Sarah J Maas. But if you read the other blogpost we've posted, you
probably already knew this. I own her Throne Of Glass series in both US hardcover and UK paperback and read all of her books multiple times. She's also my biggest rolemodel.

7. I am obsessed with Game Of Thrones. I have read the first two books and own the rest of the series too (need to read them but they take so long to get through). I have also seen every season of the TV show 4 times, been to the Game Of Thrones exhibition in Amsterdam, own the Pop Funko Vinyl figures of Daenerys and Jon, own the book 'The World Of Ice And Fire' so now I know all about the history of Westeros and it's families as well. I know more about the history of a fictional land than of my own one, oops...Oh and I have a really big poster with Westeros on it hanging in my room

8. I'm a really slow reader. I read about 50-60 pages an hour, which compared to other people I know, is not much. A 450 pages long book usually takes me about a week to read. Unless I really like it. Queen Of Shadows by Sarah J Maas for example, that was 650 pages long, but I finished in 4 days.

9. Talking about books is like the best thing in the world to me. That's also why I'm always trying to get my friends to read all the books I read as well, so we can discuss them together and fangirl about the handsome male characters (I'm looking at you Sarah J Maas).

10. 'Oh I preordered that forever ago' That's what I always tell my mom when I get new books in the mail again and she says: ''You ordered new books again??!!'' Most of the times I didn't actually pre-order them, I just buy too many books.

11. I love the booklr community. The book community on Tumblr is actually what got me really into reading. I see beautiful pictures of new books and post them myself. I also met so many nice people on there.

12. I never read e-books. No I don't, I'm strictly against that. I want to hold the book and read printed letters on a page. Plus, the screen of whatever I'm reading on always gives me a headache.

13. I'm trying to turn my family into bookworms. And I'm failing miserably. I am the only reader in my house and that makes me sad.

14. I judge books by their covers. I do, when a book has an amazing summary, but a horrific cover, the chance I won't but it is really big. I know it's really bad and I try not to, but I do it anyway.

15. I prefer hardcover over paperback. I only used to buy paperbacks, but then I got a job and now
I make a lot of money, which allows me to buy hardcover books and they read so much nicer than paperbacks.

16. I will always auto buy my fav authors they books. If it's written by them, I know I will love it: Sarah J Maas, Cassandra Clare, George R R Martin.

17. The longest book I ever read was A Clash Of Kings by George R R Martin, with a grand total of 1009 pages. At the moment I am making my way throught the third Song Of Ice And Fire book, A Storm Of Swords, though. That's somewhere around the 1200-1250 pages so if I finish that, that will be my longest read.

18. I never read books written in my own language. I am Dutch and the only Dutch books I've ever read were for school, because I had to read them. I don't know - I just enjoy books in English a lot more...

19. The first English book I ever read was A Game Of Thrones by George R R Martin (it was only one and a half years ago). Because why not pick a super long and complicated book as your first English read?

20. My current obsession is Outlander. I am currently rewatching the show together with Shania (it's her first time) and we are both loving it. I can't wait to read the books as well.

21. My bookshelf is my everything. If you follow me on Tumblr, you have probably seen some of
my shelfies going around. That's because I think my bookshelf looks stunning (yes I really do). It takes me hours to reorganise it, which I do every time I get a couple new books. Everything has to be perfect: the same heights together, the same authors, the same colours, paperbacks, hardbacks. It can be really frustrating, but when I finally think it looks nice, it makes me really, really happy.

22. This blog was actually made as a school project. We had to make a blog and learn more about the whole deal of blogging and everything. Shania and I decided to make this book blog together. The project stopped about half a year ago, but our blog is still going strong!

23. I used to dog ear pages. *Here comes the Game Of Thrones shame lady again* Like I already explained earlier in this post; I didn't become a reader until one and a half years ago. Before that I only read for school and didn't really care about books. I never even owned a bookmark, now I own about 30...How much can change in such a short amount of time.

24. If I lend you a book, I really, really, REALLY trust you. I even have problems with lending books to friends, because they are my precious and I am way too scared something will happen to them. So if we are friends and I lend you a book, it means something very special between us.

25. If I give you my favorite book, I give you a piece of my heart. Because my favorite book means the absolute world to me. It has made me cry tears of sadness and of joy and I care about the characters like they are my closest friends in the world. I have read it several times and savoured every single second. Giving you my favorite book really means a lot to me.

So those were 25 bookish facts about me. If you want to know even more, make sure to leave a comment or send me a personal message on my tumblr account: b00kishfantasy :)
All pictures were taken by me.

~ Amber

2 comments:

  1. I always read books at school when the lecturer in front of the class.it's more enjoyable like that (idk.such a weirdo i know).number 8 probably because English isnt my first language and I still need to open dictionary whenever i find something difficult.i'm number 9 but rarely do it in real life,people around me get more into movies rather than books and the only friend of mine that likes reading book has different genre with me.so it always ends awkwardly when i'm talking about book that i read.judging books by their covers,hahahhahahha totally do it everytime.

    nice blog btw ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! :) it's always nice to see people relate to your blogpost and we're glad you like the blog, it means a lot to us! ^^

      x Amber and Shania

      Delete