Follow Us @soratemplates

Monday, February 8

Let's Talk | Reading Books When They're Released

I read books when they are released pretty often, which for me is both a good and a bad thing. I recently got an ask on my tumblr about whether or not I like reading books when they are released. This made me want to write a blogpost about it.

So I love reading books when they are just released, especially when they are part of my fav series (see my most anticipated books of 2016 post). The only problem with reading books when they are released is that I tend to forget some important things that happen after the year that passed.

I have an example: I read Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard a year ago, right when it came out. Tomorrow (February the 9th) the second book Glass Sword is coming out and I pre-ordered a signed hardcover copy. The truth is: I forgot about 80% of what happened in the book. The only thing I remember are the major plot things that happened throughout the book. Now I have to reread Red Queen before I read the second book, because I want to have the full experience reading Glass Sword and not having to think back to Red Queen and try to remember what happened.

A good solution for this problem is waiting for the full series to be out. I read the Mortal Instruments series in December and I marathoned all the books. I could, because they are all out. It's a nice thing to do, but it's just not for me. Taking the Throne Of Glass books for an example, I would have never been able to wait for 6 years for all the books to come out.

Another reason why I'd never be able to wait so long for books to come out, is because of all the spoilers that go around on the internet. I manage to spoil myself for literally every book I read, because I suck and you know what is said: the internet is dark and full of spoilers.

What about you, do you like to read books when they are released, or do you prefer waiting till they are all out?

~ Amber


No comments:

Post a Comment