Follow Us @soratemplates

Tuesday, February 2

Top 5 Tuesday's | Characters Who Shouldn't Have Died


Don't we all have those books in which a character we loved died and we end up as a sobbing mess because of it? Of course, we have those books too, that's why this weeks Top 5 Tuesdays is dedicted to characters who shouldn't have died.
Because we don't want to SPOIL you about characters, these are the BOOKS THAT WILL BE MENTIONED: Divergent, A Song Of Ice And Fire (Game Of Thrones), The Mortal Instruments, Shadowmagic, Newsoul (Asunder), Gone Series (


Amber's #5
Uriah Pedrad from Divergent is the first character I think shouldn't have died. He was such a great and funny character and he didn't deserve the death he was given. To me, it kind of feels like Veronica killed him JUST to create a shock effect...Uriah did nothing wrong, he just happened to be standing in the wrong spot.

Shania's #5
Technically he didn't die, and I have yet to read the third book in this series, but just let me tell you how upset I was for Chris to turn into a sylph. Yes, I'm talking about the Chris from the Newsoul series written by Jodi Meadows. Yes, I nearly cried. Yes, I'm scared to continue because it's the last book in the series. Yes, shame on me.

Amber's #4
Catelyn Stark from the Song Of Ice And Fire series is the second character I think shouldn't have died. Just like Uriah, she just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. I also think Robb shouldn't have died, but I can understand  his death; he was a big threat and needed to be gone, but Cat did nothing wrong. All she did was care about her children and tried to be a good mother. She deserved better.

Shania's #4
THORIN FUDGING OAKENSHIEL WHY. Especially his last words brought the biggest tears into my eyes. Why must life be so extremely painful? Why must book characters die? Because when they die, a little piece of my heart dies too.


"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. But, sad or merry, I must leave it now. Farewell."

Amber's #3
The third character who deserved a lot better is Tris Prior, also from the Divergent trilogy. I knew she was going to die, because I was spoiled, I just didn't know how. I still try not to think about her death, because it was so incredibly sad. The poor girl did everything she could to protect the people she loves and was killed by being shot. After I read that scene I couldn't continue reading, I just couldn't. I read the epilogue of Divergent a day later, because I was so hurt by her death.

Shania's #3
BRIANNA THE BREEZE, She was my little baby! I loved the girl so much and I shipped Brekka like die hard! Seeing that there were only two gay ships in gone, but still. Dekka's love for Brianna was to die for. Now we are both devistated and heartbroken. At this moment, Dekka and I share the same feels. 


"I’m the Breeze, bitch"


Amber's #2
The second character who didn't deserve to die is Jonathan Morgenstern from The Mortal Instruments. Now let me explain, because I know a lot of people hate Sebastian (though I personally love him). Yes, Sebastian was a huge threat and needed to die, but the demon blood burned out of him and Jonathan came back. I would have loved for Jonathan to get a shot at being a normal teenage boy, fall in love, have friends. Sebastian was an ass, but I think Jonathan would have been an amazing brother to Clary and a great friend for the group. I was very sad he died anyway.

Shania's #2
I was honestly so upset to hear about the death of Caine Soren. I was devistaded, seeing he always had a spot in my heart. I fell in love with him the first book, could sometimes understand his reasons but most of all just hoped that one day Caine Soren would realise that good things come to those who do good things. But not with Caine I guess...


"Diana:
I'm sorry for hurting you. I know I did. I'm most likely dead now,
and I guess if there's any kind of fairness in the afterlife I'm in hell getting roasted. But if that's where I am, I want you to know, I still love you. I always did.

Love,
Caine"


Amber's #1
The final character and one I was definitely most sad about (aka I cried for 40 minutes straight) was JON SNOW MY BEAUTIFUL BABY HE DESERVED SO MUCH BETTER. Now let me just rant about his death for a minute (from what I have seen in the tv show bc I'm only in the 3th ASOIAF book). He was just trying to help the wildlings, give them a chance at life. He wanted to save their families, tried to do a good thing. In the end he got stabbed by his own brothers because of it.
I have to say; I believe 100% that he will come back in season 6. I personally think he will be brought back by Melisandre, that way she can make up for BURNING SHIREEN ALIVE. Another character who deserved a much better faith than she got in the series.

Shania's #1
THE FIRSTS THING I DID WHEN DISCOVERING THAT HE DIED WAS CLOSE THE FUDGING BOOK AND PREPARE MYSELF. I'm talking about Fergil from shadowmagic, who captured the place of favorite character ever since he was introduced. And the most painful thing was, that Conor kept mentioning him, STABBING ME IN THE FEELS IN THE SAME WAY FERGIL WAS STABBED. I kept telling myself he wasn't dead, that he'd just get up. But no.. I couldn't read for two entire days because I was too upset.


"Then, he did the most fergilish thing: He laughed. 
He pointed to the handle of the sword and said: Will ya look at that"

Which characters do you think shouldn't have died? Do you agree with us, or maybe not at all? Let us know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment