Follow Us @soratemplates

Saturday, April 30

Monthly Reading Recap | April 2016


I am going to do monthly reading recaps. Cait from Paper Fury gave me the idea for this, you should really check out her blog as well! In these blogposts I will be sharing my bookish month with all of you.


Question Of The Day:
Which books did you read this month?





Last month I read all of the Infernal Devices books, so since I was in a massive Shadowhunter mood, I started reading Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. It took me quite a long time to read, because I had my internship and work on the evenings and the weekends. It ended up taking me three weeks to finish this 705 pages long book, which for me is a really long time to read something. I ended up LOVING the book, you can read my full review here.



I also started rereading Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. I read this book right when it came out in 2015, but I forgot SO much of it. I do really want to read the second book Glass Sword and the book of novella's I bought, Cruel Crown. So I figured a reread would be a good idea. I have to be honest, it's taking me quite some time, because I think the middle part is really slow paced...

I'm currently reading Outlander by Diana Dabaldon, another massive book. I chose to buy the tall paperback, because I hate Mass Market Paperbacks and it's still 627 pages. I am currently about 250 pages in and I'm loving this, though I know it'll take me a long time to read, because it's so big and takes quite some time to get through.



I have really been trying not to purchase a lot of books, because I have to pay for college soon as well. I managed to only buy 6 books in 2016 and I was very happy about it, until last weekend, when I purchased 5 books at once...oops. I'm still waiting for all of them to be delivered, but I'm really excited.

The book I'm most looking forward to is A Court Of Mist And Fury by Sarah J Maas. Now this is one of my most anticipated books of 2016. We all know I love Sarah's books and I am counting down the days for the release of this. I saw that my order had been dispatched Wednesday night at 2AM and I literally screamed at my computer screen, no joke. That's how excited I am.
 
The second book I got is Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. Now I'm not a big contemporary fan, but the movie is almost coming out and Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin are playing in it. I LOVE both actors. The concept of the book actually sounds really good and I've been wanting to read a sad book for a while now.

The third book I got is The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare. I love Cassie's books and Magnus Bane is one of my favorite characters. I have no idea why I didn't get this book before, because I am dying to read it. I also downloaded the Tales Of The Shadowhunter Academy on my phone, which I am really excited to read as well.

The fourth book I got is Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes. Everybody says this is like the YA version of Game Of Thrones and I'm obsessed with GOT, so I am 100% certain I'll love this series as well. I added it on goodreads a really long time ago so now felt like the good time to buy it.

The last book I got is The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas. I haven't seen many people read this book and I have no idea why, because the concept sounds really good. I'm excited to see what it is about.



I also got this really awesome book mug that I designed myself. I actually wanted to buy one on etsy or redbubble or something, but shipping to The Netherlands is SO expensive. That's why I decided to design one myself and print it on a mug at some internet company. It ended up being only €10, shipping costs included. 




I am really bad at planning which books I'm going to read the next month, but I think I have a pretty good idea of which book I want to read next month. Of course, it's a very ambitious TBR for this month, so we shall see how many of these books I will actually manage to read in my recap for next month.

First, of course, I want to finish Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Like I already said, I love this book and I actually don't really want to finish it.

The next book I am definitely going to read is A Court Of Mist And Fury by Sarah J Maas. I am going to start the second I get it in the mail, I'll just put Outlander on hold or whatever, because I NEED to read this book. I have to know what's going to happen. I've waited a very, VERY long year and I'm not going to wait.

I'm also planning on reading The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas, that I also talked about earlier. I am just really curious about this book and can't wait to see what it's about. I think I'll like it a lot.

If I manage to read all these books, I also want to read Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. The movie is coming out soon and I want to read the book before it comes out. It's only 369 pages, so I'll probably manage to read this one as well.
 






The first thing I want to say is that I made a new Twitter account @b00kishfantasy_ . I'd love for you to follow me! :)
As some of you may already know: I have a pretty popular book blog on Tumblr: b00kishfantasy. At the beginning of April I actually reached the 8000 followers and I am almost at the 9000! I still don't know where all these people come from. It's crazy. These are some of my most reblogged posts this month.

http://b00kishfantasy.tumblr.com/post/143310296020/when-you-wanna-buy-all-your-books-in-hardcover-but

No comments:

Post a Comment